Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Making good habits now?

I wonder if I should enjoy my sleep now, or learn to jump right up as soon as the alarm goes off. Brent gets up about a half hour before I do. I make his lunch right before he leaves for work. My days are pretty easy and I lounge around quite a bit. Should I be enjoying this, or preparing for an uproar? I know it takes a while to form a habit, good or bad, but if I start to prepare for things, like getting up better and getting things done right away, will it just all be shot anyways once we have a baby? Can you really prepare for it? I can function without sleep, iv been an insomniac my whole life, so I enjoy sleep now when I can. It's just built in a women to wake up at every slight noise, which iv also always done. It's been fun watching how Brent natural is beginning to prepare for a baby, and he doesn't even realize it! He used to sleep straight through the night, it was so hard for me wake him up in the middle of night. Now if there is a noise he instantly wakes up and if it's loud enough or weird enough he goes and checks on everything and the animals. Another way he is maturing to parenthood readiness, he used to be very passive with the animals. If they were on the table he would say oh sorry you have to get down, and gently pat them down. Now, he is very stern. If a cat jumps on the table he says their name in a deep voice and sternly tells them to get down. Maybe I am subconsciously preparing for parenthood too? But my obsessive personality wants to prepare like crazy. I think part of that is because I didn't grow up in a perfect family. Very far from it. I think back and wonder why my parents even had kids, it seemed like they just didn't care. I want to be the best parent I can be, and I want to start before we have a baby. So along with working out and eating healthy, I'm going to start getting up right when Brent does and make his lunch and then do some other things, like getting the dishes done, starting laundry, picking up. I could get so much done! I don't know if this will help to make things run more smoothly when we have a baby, but it WILL make things run more smoothly now. And if things are running more smoothly, there will be less stress and anxiety, which means less room for fights between Brent and I, and all of that will help the baby making process ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment